I had SUCH a great time designing with these FABULOUS products from May Arts, Little Yellow Bicycle, and of course Xyron. Thank you so much for sending them our way!
All three blogs have giveaways going so that you can also design with this fabby product - that is a LOT of chances to win. Click on the links to the blogs at the bottom of this post to go check it out! :)
Instructions for Posy card:
1. Cut an A2 card base
2. Cut a 4"x5.25" white layer.
3. Using your Mega Runner and the .5" wide adhesive, run a strip of adhesive down either side of the back of your layer.
4. Using the clear acetate that the burlap stickers come on, arrange the stickers how you want them to go on the acetate. Place over layer.
5. Using the acetate with the stickers as a template, slide the ribbon underneath the acetate layer and adhere to the back of the card on the adhesive. This will ensure proper placement so you can just lay the stickers down later. Repeat for all three ribbons.
6. Remove stickers from acetate and place down on the ribbon layers just how you liked it. :)
7. Add foam dimensional adhesive that you made with the 9" Creative Station to the back of the layer. You will be able to cut it into long thin strips so the layer is stable. Add a few small pieces in the middle to make sure it stays up properly and doesn't sink in the middle.
8. Add Little Yellow Bicycle sticker to the front.
Tips and tricks:
1. Play with the bow a lot that goes around the neck of the dog. May Arts Ribbon is FANTASTIC for tying bows. You want a tiny bow with he snake tongue edges so that it gives it character.
2. The burlap tree with the buttons gives this card both dimension and texture. Ideal.
3. There was a different little sign that said "Pooch" where the "Hello" is. I simply replaced the die cut with that sticker and it gave it both color and more character.
4. I debated cutting the decorative printed edge that is on the yellow layer. I decided to leave it on for extra pizzaz. In retrospect, the card is a little "right side heavy" and while I originally wanted the decorative edge to "open up" into the card, I think I would have placed it on the left side for balance.
5. I used this ribbon to kind of look like a road on the bottom. Just a thought! :)
6. Run all of your little pieces through the 9" Creative Station so that when you go to put it together, it makes it a breeze!
Little Yellow Bicycle: Poppy™
Little Yellow Bicycle: Poppy Cardstock Stickers in Fresh Verse™
Little Yellow Bicycle: Naturals: Layered Burlap Stickers: Nature™ (tree)
Little Yellow Bicycle: Naturals: Layered Burlap Stickers: Posy™
May Arts Ribbon
Xyron: Mega Runner™
Xyron: 9" Creative Station with Permanent Adhesive™
Don't forget to check out the company blogs below to see what they are giving away and the other inspiration!!!