Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Thankful Banner

Thankful Banner
I needed something to dress up my candelabra tree that I put in the middle of my dining room table for this season - Halloween through Thanksgiving. I wanted to give it a splash of color. I won't lie - I made doily toilet paper owls first... they were cute.. but something about toilet paper rolls on my dining room table just didn't suit. Doodlebug to the rescue! 

So I literally stood in my craft room saying to my 8 month old (because talking to your 8 month old is WAY cooler than talking to yourself... which is what I was really doing... out loud...), "Man, Charlotte, wouldn't it be great if I didn't have to cut out banner pieces for this? I should tell doodlebug to make them." Then I flipped through my fancy frills... and there they were... just waiting for me. So I again talked to my 8 month old, "Charlotte. Remind me to thank doodlebug later." Thanks doodlebug!!!! So smart.  

 This project was so easy! I simply used the banner pieces that already came on the fancy frills in the Friendly Forest collection and added teensy type letters in lily white. The faux stitching is already part of the banner! 

I punched some holes because I wanted to flash a little twine - That's basically like the old-fashioned way of flashing a little leg in a black and white movie... but for crafters... (insert cat-call) Check.Out.That.Cute.Twine!

Decor for Thanksgiving table? Done. :) 
bugs used for thankful banner:
doodlebug: friendly forest: fancy frills (4371)
doodlebug: doodle twine: bumblebee (3208)
doodlebug: teensy type in lily white (3435)

SHARE THIS POST - {PINTEREST}

No comments:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS