Monday, December 19, 2016

Frosty was picking his nose....

Hi all! It's Courtney Lee from Court's Crafts here with our meme challenge! So, funny story, I called it a "me me" for the longest time. I was hanging out with some friends and said, "I saw this me me thing..." and they couldn't figure out what I was talking about and then cracked up at how "old" I was when I was saying it incorrectly! meeeeeme meeeme why isn't it spelled meam? Anywhoozers... :)

In our household of kids aged 4, 2.5, and 11 months "don't pick your nose" is a common phrase.. I usually say, "Do you need a tissue?" ... but I had JUST said it when I scrolled through and saw this and I burst out laughing. My grandma has a funny sense of humor and I just knew she would think this is too funny.

I made this little card from a Lori Whitlock snow globe cut file and then sized the Doodlebug snowman cut file to fit over it.

The magic is in the details of this card which did not photograph well. boo. I hate it when that happens. Frosty's hat has snow texture on it and it is super poofy! 

I embossed all three layers and spritzed it with a glitter mist that would not show up for my pictures despite the 30 I took from all kinds of angles! If you could have seen me you would have been cracking up. Anywho, I also used my pearl pen on the snowflakes which gave it another great kind of shine. 

I had the Cricut print and write this piece so that I didn't have to use rub-ons. I know she'll love it. 

This was kind of my "bonus card" in that I was just playing too late at night with some different techniques. The background has a glitter raised embossing paste snowflakes on it and I wove twine through the doily to create a focus for the busy background. It was still inspired by the same meme and both projects were done using Polar Pals. It is one of my favorite collections by Doodlebug ever. I love the purple mixed in and the prints are amazing! 

recipe:

SHARE THIS POST - {PINTEREST}

No comments:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS