Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Easter Egg Tree





Well, Easter has come and gone, but I thought I would share this Easter Egg tree that I made for the centerpiece of our Easter table (although I admit I got very sick and we ended up eating at our parents' house, but it was still great decoration for the month or so before!).

I used the Designer's Calendar Cartridge™ to find the egg shape. I cut out 6 at 3.5 inches out of sage colored and pre-embossed with little dots card stock. I then used the eggs as the guide for the size of the white side of the paper. I traced 6 eggs onto the white shiny paper and then cut them out by hand as I didn't want to have the same design (which wouldn't line up) on both sides of the egg. I then glued them together. I cut out flourishes from the Storybook Cartridge™ from the same sage colored cardstock and glued them to the white side of the egg. I embellished with Swarovski™ crystals and used my new Crop-a-Dile™ to punch holes and snaps to create a finished look. I cut white and deep purple ribbon to make loops and then tied the tops of the bows to the tree. Voila! Now they will be packed up for next year and hopefully I'll get to use it in the middle of my own table next year.
Enjoy!

SHARE THIS POST - {PINTEREST}

No comments:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS