Monday, April 26, 2010

Other Mother's Day Card 2010





Well, I couldn't just make one card when I have a wonderful mother-in-law as well (we call her my co-mom because she's wonderful and I didn't want the bad connotations to be there). Anyway, so this one is for my co-mom.

I have to say I was tickled pink today when one of my crafting heros Meda decided to "follow" my blog. As icing on the cake (hmm... I was going to make cupcakes today... crafting or cupcakes, crafting or cupcakes, CRAFTING!) Carole, who seems to be the mother of the crafting community that I watch, commented on one my cards.

For the card I used:
Sentimentals Cartridge™
Storybook Cartridge™
Cuttlebug Swiss Dots Embossing Folder™
Flower punch in two sizes
Swarovski™ Crystals

There were four things that I tried for the first time with this card:
I was really excited to use the Scissors from the Sentimentals Cartridge™ so I wanted the card to open up that way (a front opening card).

This was my first attempt using any kind of shadowing feature. I think it really does make a card "pop".

The third element that was new to me was curling the flower edges - an idea that I scraplifted.

And lastly, another new element was making a band that went around the outside.

I used eyelets with my Crop-a-Dile to make the holes because I wanted a very finished look and ribbon to hold the back of it. I'll post a picture of this as I wish more crafters showed the backs of their cards. I often wonder how they get things to wrap around the cards and how they finish them off, so this was my solution to that. Enjoy!

SHARE THIS POST - {PINTEREST}

1 comment:

Kourtni said...

Yay! Very nice! I love hearing about the things in life that excite you, make you smile, make you tick. Go friend go! Craft away!

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS