Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Be Inspired Wednesday #107- Cauldron Card!

Good Wednesday morning and welcome to Be Inpsired #107 - A color challenge! Our challenge this week was to use the colors black, orange, green, purple, and a pop of red! I had so much fun with this and you should join in the challenge too!
I love this Haunted line from MME. At first I was a little worried about how I would use it, but it is gorgeous! For those of you that love kraft like me, you will love the versatility of this line. I am in love with this Harlequin Paper™! The flocking on it is gorgeous and precise. 


Recipe:
Gypsy™
Embossing: Swiss Dots™
Pink Paislee™ Pixie Stix in black
Glossy Accents
Hero Arts Gems

Instructions
  1. Weld two cauldrons together on the Gypsy and hide all contours to make the base.
  2. Cut out base and another regular cauldron to put on the front
  3. Cut two sets of eyes from the October 31st Cartridge™ - one with the contours hidden again.
  4. Run the top layer of the eyes through the Cuttlebug™ using the A2 Swiss Dots Folder™.
  5. Attach layers together popping the eyes.
  6. Use glossy accents to draw a line around the contours of the cauldron. Apply Pixie Stix black glitter and shake off excess. 
  7. Stamp sentiment on the inside of the card.
  8. Apply Glossy Accents to the spooky eyes.
  9. Add Hero Arts self-adhesive gems (that’s how I got my red in there!). 
  10. Let dry

I made another card that is being put on the website! This one is a little more simple and fun! :)

Recipe:
Paper: Paper Trey Ink White Card Stock™, My Mind's Eye Blackbird Costumes Paper™ (Front side is shown, back side is the black with white polka dots) 
Embossing powder: a la mode: Black™
Coloriser by EK Success heat embossing tool
Hero Arts™ Adhesive gems

I am still learning how to heat emboss so sorry about the little black spots - I didn't notice them before I used the heat embosser so they are on there for good! But I am having a great time learning and it is definitely my new favorite thing to do to cards! :)

Now hop on over to the Passionately Artistic blog (the new name for the Cuttlebug Challenge Blog) and see what the other ladies have created! 

SHARE THIS POST - {PINTEREST}

5 comments:

Norma said...

So Spooky!!! Love the inside too:)

Rhonda Emery said...

wow love the paper you used on this card.

Sheena said...

spooky..love how you used oct 31st..so neat..I posted the other day a witch house from oct 31st and I put colored paper behind the windows..it turned out neat

Minta's Creations said...

OMG! this is amazing. I have a gypsy but am afraid of it right now.lol but you have inspired me to try my hand at a shape card. What size did you weld your card together at? I have a create so I can't make the big sizes. Court, your work is amazing!
Minta
http://mintascreations.blogspot.com/

Dorcas said...

This is fabulous! Love the paper!!

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS