Monday, April 22, 2013

Xyron - Old to New Series!

Hi everyone! Xyron challenged the DT members to grab one of the old projects from their website and use it as inspiration or case and re-create it.

You may remember the cork tree that I did a while back. I have been dying to make another one so that they were a set and would be cute on the mantle. Perfect! I whipped out my Xyron 5" Creative Station and my 1.5" Sticker Maker and voila! I made fast work of this project! :) 

Here is the link and the picture of what I was using as inspiration:


Instructions
Step 1: Drink enough wine to have enough corks (tee hee)

Step 2: Line the corks up according to size/shape. You want the layers to be equal across each other. For instance, I used the same winery's corks for all four on the bottom row to make it flat and stable as well as the third row as my one on top was the largest.


Step 3: Using a circle punch or die cutting machine, punch enough pieces of patterned paper out to have a variety to choose from. Then line them up how you would like them to go.



Step 4: I ran a full line through my Xyron 5" Creative Station with permanent adhesive. I had three circles left over and because I am an adhesive snob, I ran them through the 1.5" Sticker Maker to save on adhesive. 



Step 5: Remove protective coating and stick the circle ends to the corks in desired order.
 Step 6: Stop and get a manicure. Good heavens. I just saw how bad my nails really look! Sorry! They were SO strong when I was pregnant and now they just break all the time. Pout. I'll try to get that done before my next tutorial. Or does someone know how to use Photoshop and can just insert pretty nails?.? :) 

Lastly, use your hot glue gun to adhere all of the corks together and to adhere a mini cookie cutter on top for a star. 


All patterned paper was Carta Bella: Winter Fun.


I hope you enjoyed my tutorial! :) Let me know if you end up trying this yourself. I would love to see the pictures! :) 


Have a beautiful day and make sure to check out what the other girls did today! We all chose different projects to make from old to new and I get to see the sneak peeks on the FB page - AMAZING. Seriously, these ladies are uber talented. We are showcasing them all week


SHARE THIS POST - {PINTEREST}

8 comments:

snappy scrappy said...

Too cute!!

Carissa said...

Great project friend. I gotta make one! Better start drinking some wine.

Kim H said...

Court ~ OMG this is seriously FABULOUS! How CLEVER to use corks and I have to say i LOVE my Xyron machines! They come in handy for so many things I can't even tell you! Okay that's a lot of corks ~ hmmm ~ just kidding! Oh the Photoshop thing about the nails almost made me spit out my tea! LOL! Have a great day and give that beautifully baby a hug!!

Anonymous said...

I love corks! and a cork Christmas tree is even better! Great idea and such a simple added little touch - it's beautiful and I'm sure will look great on your mantle with the other!

Stephanie Buice said...

Court I love love love this!

Stephanie Buice said...

Court I love love love this!

Unknown said...

such a clever idea!!!

Unknown said...

J'en ai fait un j'ai collé bouchons avec pistolet a colle mais quand j'ai voulu le changer de place tout sest décollé

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS