Friday, July 18, 2014

May Arts + Simple Stories + Xyron = A Match Made in Heaven

Hello and welcome to the blog hop with the May Arts Ribbonistas!

We swapped with Xyron and Simple Stories for a super fun trio! 


Simple Stories let us choose a collection kit so I chose the Story of Us. I loved the black white and gold and thought some pink and tiffany blue ribbon would soften it up! 



There are actually 4 kinds of May Arts Ribbon on this card. I got this close up so that you could see the shimmer ribbon on the left. It's beautiful! Of course the chevron is a favorite of mine and the silk ribbon is brand new! 

The scalloped tab was an afterthought and I am so glad I slipped it behind the ribbon! 


This wired ribbon is super fun, but to be honest - I had NO idea how to adhere it! So I grabbed my Xyron/Teresa Collins Stapler and stapled it down. Totally cheating. Love it! 


Now check out what my DT mates have created! 
Monday

Tuesday

Wednesday

Thursday

Friday


Make sure to go to the May Arts Ribbon blog to see how you can WIN prize packs that include:
1. A Good Day Sunshine kit from Simple Stories
2. A 2.5" Create a Sticker from Xyron
3. A spool of ribbon your choice!

SHARE THIS POST - {PINTEREST}

17 comments:

Janis said...

This is fantastic!!! Love the pastels with the gold/black/white! Great idea using the stapler. It really adds!!
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Love the wired ribbon - different and fun. Great card. Also a good way to use up scraps that always seem to be laying around.
thanks for sharing.

Amy C. said...

What a great idea with the wire ribbon! I think it looks fabulous!

lindaplus3 said...

beautiful cad,,, love the wire ribbon and all the little details that make it pop.... very nice :)

Missy said...

Good call on the ribbon! Also glad to see I'm not the only one who gets stumped from time to time on how to adhere embellishments or ribbons! I think you did a wonderful job and I'm loving that ribbon!

Sue's Paper Crafts said...

Beautiful card, love the elements you used and the ribbons are great.

Sue
http://suek86401.blogspot.com/

Alexia Misso said...

Beautiful card and detail!

cghundley said...

Wow, great card!
Do like all the
ribbons on it,
especially the
wired one!
Carla from Utah

Judy said...

Very interesting card. Love your ribbons. I never would have guessed that the circular element was ribbon. Thanks for sharing some super ideas with us.

Unknown said...

Wonderful! I love the bling, I love the layers, I love it all!

Scrappin' Diva said...

Lovely card! Lots of pretty embellishments!

Shari Czerwinski said...

Great card, I love the wired ribbon!

Heather said...

the bling is awesome!!! great card!

Lucy E. said...

This is such a fun and creative card! I love how you placed the shimmery ribbon over to soften it all up.

Cynthia Baldwin said...

So pretty! I love how you've added all the gold accents!

Crafty Aunt Dee said...

Fabulous use of the ribbons in creating this beautiful card. Nice work.

Robin B. said...

Beautiful card! I love the wired ribbon.

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS