Friday, July 4, 2014

Patriotic Parade 4th of July Banner

HAPPY 4th of July!!!!

I made this 4th of July banner for the girls' bedroom door. Emmaline "helped" cut most of the pieces out on my die cutting machine and she loves this banner! She is very proud of it being on her door. 



These star brads are SOOOO cute!! I love love love them. What a perfect accent to the middle of the pinwheel! I am going to try layered pinwheels soon! The doodle-pop pinwheels were the start of my inspiration for this project. 


 Ahhh - doodle-pops... how I love thee. Emmaline loves airplanes right now and points them out every chance she gets. She insisted that this airplane went on the banner. I was thinking about it and wavering and I am so glad she was insistent as it's so darling! I added that gorgeous star jewel for a little bling. :)


Do you ever start to design, hesitate, and question yourself whether or not something is "too much"? I spent WAY too much time staring at this. These are two stickers layered on top of each other. I am SO glad I did it! I think it's kind of fabulous. When in doubt - remember that they are only stickers and they might as well be used! :) I added a little Fancy Frill to the top as well. :)


Oh look! Another DARLING doodle-pop!


All of the letters on my banner came from the icons for Patriotic Parade. They were probably "designed" for a title of a scrapbook page, but I love them on a banner! The oversized letters are perfect for just that. :) 


A little extra bling was needed... enter fabby sequins


Did anyone spy the doilies from the valentine's day collection: sweetheart?!? Why yes, they do match. :)


recipe:
doodlebug: patriotic parade all stars (4304)
doodlebug: patriotic parade red, white and blue (4300)
doodlebug: patriotic parade proud plaid (4302)
doodlebug: patriotic parade air mail doodle-pops (3690
doodlebug: patriotic parade fire cracker mini doodle-pops (3692)
doodlebug: patriotic parade icons (4312)
doodlebug: patriotic parade fancy frills (4313)
doodlebug: patriotic parade star jewels red white and blue (3671)
doodlebug: patriotic parade star brads (3676)
doodlebug: ladybug doilies (4066)
doodlebug: sequins in lily white (4265)

other:
xyron high tack adhesive dots
we r memory keepers crop a dile + eyelets
my creative time: 3 star stitched dies
may arts ribbon: 3/8" grosgrain in navy


SHARE THIS POST - {PINTEREST}

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Excellent weblog right here! Additionally your site quite a bit up very fast! What web host are you using? Can I get your affiliate hyperlink in your host? I want my site loaded up as quickly as yours lol…
Best Cccam Server

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS