Monday, August 14, 2017

Stitching Challenge!!!!

So I was reallllllly excited about this challenge... and then I sat down... and drew a blank. Does that ever happen to you? Courtney Lee from Court's Crafts here with some inspiration for YOU hopefully! tee hee.




I actually got my inspiration from the cover of the doodlebug catalogue. 

I love the vertical rainbow on the front and it always gets me really excited to keep scrolling through or turning the pages to oodle over new adorable products.

I had been hoarding this adorable glitter unicorn for a while now and really wanted to make it the star of a card all by itself but nothing had suited. This was the perfect time for the two to really shine: the twine and the unicorn. I loved that it came with those adorable sparkle stars too!

The balloon card seemed obvious but I had only glued down my twine without stitching it in and have been wanting to try a stitched balloon tail for a while now. I was happy to try this one and realllllly liked the results because there is a different texture to it when you stitch it in.

I only had the blue balloon there at first and then added in the other two later. 

The stars were left over from the doodle-pop that I used on the unicorn card. Waste not, want not. :)

doodle twine used:
ladybug (2988)
bubblegum (2987)
tangerine (2989)
bumblebee (3208)
limeade (2990)
blue jean (3207)
doodlebug: fairy tales: doodle-pops: unicorn (5577)
doodlebug: fairy tales: odds and ends (5598)

SHARE THIS POST - {PINTEREST}

No comments:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS