Thursday, July 29, 2010

Christmas Around the Clock Challenges 7-10

Still over at the Cuttlebug Challenge Blogspot making Christmas in July a reality!

Challenge # 7 - "Create a lot" - create 3 cards with the same pattern so that they're quickly manufactured with embossing.

Recipe:
Left card
Embossing: A2 Snowflakes Emboss Folder™
Cartridge: Storybook™
Ribbon
Middle card
Embossing: A2 Swiss Dots Emboss Folder™
Embellishments: Adhesive Pearls from Hero Arts™, Flower punch
Ribbon
Right card
Embossing: A2 Leafy Branche Emboss Folder™
Cartridge: Storybook™
Ribbon

Challenge #8 - Resist Christmas (I think she meant resist Christmas colors so this is what I did)


Recipe:
Cartridge: Wild Card™ (it is the envelope for the house cut and then I just cut off the two flaps top and bottom to make it a tri fold card
Embossing: A2 Forest Branches Emboss Folder™
Wreath: made from a flower punch and buttons
Door lines were colored with Copic™ markers

I liked the idea of this card. I'm still not positive I love the execution, but I will be improving on it for sure.

Challenge #9 - Incorporate Snowmen into a home decor project.
Well, those that know me from the beginning know that one of my first posts was making this tree into an Easter egg tree. I've decorated this tree with Christmas ornaments during the holidays and now it will have little snowmen on it! These are the first three I made. I used the Gypsy to mold and weld three circles together to make a snowman as I didn't have a snowman cut.



Blue Snowman:
Embossing: Snowflakes™
Pixie sparkle
Sharpie™
Buttons
Yarn
Red Snowman:
Embossing: D'Vine Swirls™
Pixie sparkle
Sharpie™
Buttons
Yarn
Green Snowman:
Embossing: Swiss Dots™
Pixie sparkle
Sharpie™
Buttons
Yarn

Challenge #10 - White and one other color card - add sparkle

Cartridge: Wild Card™
I used my Gypsy™ to hide the features on one of the ornaments to make a shadow
Paper: Bo Bunny™ 12" St Nick Sleigh
Emboss: Forest Branches™
Added adhesive to the shiny spot and added Pixie Sparkle
Ribbon

Whew! Done with that post. But you see what I mean that grouping them together is hopefully better than separating them. You let me know because there are 14 more to go!

Court

SHARE THIS POST - {PINTEREST}

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW Girl you've been busy.
Love them all.
The Snowmen are SUPER CUTE.

Ann said...

Good for you getting a jump on Christmas cards...you can never start too early, right?

And I adore your snowmen! :D

Michele Gross said...

I absolutely love snowmen!! Thank you so much for taking the time today to leave such a sweet comment on my blog about Wee Memories! :) I'm so glad you did because I got to check out your blog-such beautiful work!! You live in one of my favorite cities-we honeymooned there!! My special lunch spot is Mocha on Maiden Lane in Union Square. They make the most delicious Italian/Mediterranean antipasta type dishes but they only take cash. We love to sit there, stuffing our faces, and waiting for someone to come along with a credit card- its a little like Seinfeld's Soup Nazi- yes, we are easily entertained!! ;) So, anyway, thanks again and I'm happy to be a new follower of your blog :)
Hugs!!

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS