Hello! I am so excited to be a member of Betty's Bee hive!
Today I am sharing with you these cute paper pumpkins.
I got the idea from Linda and told Betty about it. Betty made some two years ago for Halloween here and now I am making them! :)
Paper: My Mind's Eye: Blackbird "Argyle", "Crows", "Trick-or-Treaters", "Neighborhood", "Costumes", and "Spiders"
Embossing: Cuttlebug™ Oh My Crafts Exclusive Everyday Bundle: Checkerboard ™, Swiss Dots™
Ribbon from my stash - recycled from wedding gifts received over 2 years ago! haha
- Cut 12 6"x1" strips of paper (In my case 2 designs of 6 strips)
- Use Crop-a-Dile™ to punch 1/8" holes about a quarter inch from each end of the strips. I just put them in a pile and made one cut of each stack.
- Link 3" of string between two brads. Put the brads through the holes with the top of the brad on the wrong side of the paper. Spread the prongs on the right side of the paper.
- Starting from the bottom piece of paper, spread them around to form the pumpkin.
- I free-hand cut a stem on the pumpkin and adhered it to the pumpkin with hot glue. I did the same with the ribbon.
Do the same thing as above except cut 18 strips at 9"x7/8".
This also qualifies for Kim's Off the Wall Craftiness challenge colors of orange, black, and white.