Thursday, October 13, 2011

Giraffe Vintage Baby Card


This is the last project I made for Artful Delight! I am SO sad to be leaving the team, but the new girls are AMAZING and you will LOVE their inspiration! 

Thank you SO much Leeanne for having me! I will DEFINITELY be keeping in touch and ordering some of your FABULOUS kits! And of course I'll be playing in all the sketch challenges to try to win some kits too! You are LOVELY and I LOVE my DT sisters too! 

**Designer's Tip: I wanted more of a vintage feel than was easily provided so I took a match and actually burned around the edges. Please use caution when doing so as the paper continues to burn after you have blown it out. Also be in a well ventilated area as this is a smoky proposition.**

Cartridge: Everyday Pop-Up Cards

SHARE THIS POST - {PINTEREST}

8 comments:

Sheena said...

Adorable! Thanks for the tip. :)

June Houck said...

You are so amazing, Court! Beautiful baby card :)

Ruth G said...

Love the party hat on the giraffe! I used to do calligraphy (like in high school) and burned many a piece of parchment paper. It takes a lot of care, but the outcome is like nothing else! I was wondering how you got such an irregular edge...

Angi Barrs said...

Wow this is gorgeous Court! Love the burned edges and the vintage design. :)

Sherrie K. said...

Always looking forward to different ideas and this is right up there:) The giraffe is super cute and love that pretty bow. You always put your projects together so nicely. So creative!
Great job Court!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Doris P. said...

so awesome. love the softness and yet so warm! awesome you are in creativity! Doris
parkernana5@cox.net

artfuldelight said...

Awe Court, this makes me sad. I totally thought I had more projects to share from you too. It was an absolute pleasure having you on the team!!!! You are super sweet and extremely talented. :-)

Kimberli said...

Love this and what a neat trick to burn the paper! Don't know if I'd ever be brave enough to try it but it is a great look!!

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS