Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Holly Jolly

HELLO!!! It may seem like I have TOTALLY fallen off the face of the planet, but the last week has looked like this: We made the decision last Monday to rent out our house to some AWESOME people. We had been considering this anyway since you know the size of a house I live in (450 square feet) so the timing was just a little moved up. They needed to be in by the following Monday (this past Monday). So we talked about it Monday night, agreed on a rental price Tuesday, and signed the lease on Wednesday night. We packed up and moved out in 5 days flat! It was insanity.

On top of that I got selected for Jury Duty (of course!) AND I got picked for a criminal trial. Luckily it only lasted 48 hours and it was a hung jury. But it definitely made the crunch time a little more crunched. 

After a busy weekend and moving everything into a second storage unit, we packed up our two cars an headed down to Monterey (where I am now) to hang out with my parents while we figure out what we are going to do next. I can't share what's going on with my husband's work yet, but let's just say that our options are international - which could be a fun adventure! 

I must admit, I really enjoy routine and "normalcy" and nesting in my home so I feel a bit lost, but I also feel excited about the adventure ahead and can't wait to see where it takes us!

Now, onto my project.... :) 

I made this for my Pumpkin Spice post for this week! 


I also made this for the Cricut Circle Blog Challenge: Monochromatic and use one of our Circle Exclusive Cartridges. There is the TINIEST green line in the striped pattern in the background paper for the tree, but I hope it doesn't count! I was working hard with this challenge to make "monochromatic" not look monochromatic. I wanted to show how you could still make it more fun. And since neutrals don't count, I incorporated a lot of them in! 

I took this pic on the wood pile outside of my mom's house. I helped cut and stack all of that wood! :) 

Recipe:



SHARE THIS POST - {PINTEREST}

12 comments:

Houses Built of Cards said...

What an exciting new adventure for you! Can't wait to see how things work out for you! And beautiful card too! Thanks for reminding me of that cut! I saw it when I first got the cartridge, but then forgot about it!

housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

Sherrie K. said...

Wow, you sound busy Court! On the other hand I am sure it's exciting as well. Good luck with your new adventure~sounds interesting!
Your card is beauitful! I just love the pretty tree, polka dots and striped paper. TFS!!
Have a great day..
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Sheena said...

Oh my you have been super busy. Good luck on your New Adventure. I wish you the very best. Beautiful card. I love how you took the pic on a wood pile. Pretty!

Hugs, Sheena

Nita said...

WOW! First of all - I love that card. It's reminding me that even though it's COOLD here, Christmas is coming! :)

Second, moving is so much work on its own - I can't imagine what it's like to move when you don't have any place to move to. Does that make sense? Ha! :o) Congrats on a big new life adventure - those are always scary, but oh, so fun! :)

Nita
www.niftynitanotes.blogspot.com

Dee Burns said...

Court, BEAUTIFUL card. Love the color(s) you chose. I sense the excitement and a little fear of the unknown...how exciting! Congratulations and wishing you all the best.

Have a great day!
Dee B

Shannon Colon, TheIrishScrapper said...

Court,
Very nice card! It works perfectly for the challenge. Wish you all the best in your new journey - hope all your crafty things stayed close and out of storage! I cannot even imagine all of that in 5 days. I think I would take my craft things and RUN :)

Denine said...

Court, Your card is beautiful. My thought are with you during this time of "New Adventures"!
Big Hugs,

Carissa said...

Wow girl. What a world wind adventure for you. I am just loving your card. And I love the background! So cool. Hope things settle down for you soon. Keep us posted.

Cheryl said...

This is adorable! I saw it on the Pumpkin & Spice blog and had to drop by.

Missy said...

This is so pretty! I love the striped paper showing through. Hang in there with everything you have going on!!!

Ruth G said...

Court, good luck on your move, wherever it may take you! The fun thing is, it doesn't really matter where you are, we'll all still be here for you to share creations and adventures with!
This card is really lovely! I love how you used the negative space behind the tree for the striped paper!
Keep up the good work!

artfuldelight said...

WOW, Court gorgeous card. International???? That is totally awesome!! I wish you nothing but wonderful things in your future. You are an amazing person and deserve nothing but happiness!!!! :-)

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS