HELLO!!! It may seem like I have TOTALLY fallen off the face of the planet, but the last week has looked like this: We made the decision last Monday to rent out our house to some AWESOME people. We had been considering this anyway since you know the size of a house I live in (450 square feet) so the timing was just a little moved up. They needed to be in by the following Monday (this past Monday). So we talked about it Monday night, agreed on a rental price Tuesday, and signed the lease on Wednesday night. We packed up and moved out in 5 days flat! It was insanity.
On top of that I got selected for Jury Duty (of course!) AND I got picked for a criminal trial. Luckily it only lasted 48 hours and it was a hung jury. But it definitely made the crunch time a little more crunched.
After a busy weekend and moving everything into a second storage unit, we packed up our two cars an headed down to Monterey (where I am now) to hang out with my parents while we figure out what we are going to do next. I can't share what's going on with my husband's work yet, but let's just say that our options are international - which could be a fun adventure!
I must admit, I really enjoy routine and "normalcy" and nesting in my home so I feel a bit lost, but I also feel excited about the adventure ahead and can't wait to see where it takes us!
Now, onto my project.... :)
I made this for my Pumpkin Spice post for this week!
I also made this for the Cricut Circle Blog Challenge: Monochromatic and use one of our Circle Exclusive Cartridges. There is the TINIEST green line in the striped pattern in the background paper for the tree, but I hope it doesn't count! I was working hard with this challenge to make "monochromatic" not look monochromatic. I wanted to show how you could still make it more fun. And since neutrals don't count, I incorporated a lot of them in!
I took this pic on the wood pile outside of my mom's house. I helped cut and stack all of that wood! :)
- Patterned Paper:
- Echo Park Paper: Season's Greetings: Small Poinsettias™(red on tree)
- Echo Park Paper: Season's Greetings: Swirls™(filigree background neutral layer)
- Echo Park Paper: Season's Greetings: Journaling Cards™ (stripped tree background)
- Echo Park Paper: Dots and Stripes Christmas: Sleigh Ride Small Dot (red polka dot)
- Echo Park Paper: Season's Greetings Brad Assortment (red brad at top)
- Ribbon from Kris Swain's Etsy Store in Ivory™(Please tell her I sent you!)
- Sentiment: My Pink Stamper: Winter Treats and Sayings™