Friday, June 18, 2010

Balloon Card :)



This is another cut from the Summer in Paris Cartridge™ that I just knew I had to make into a card on the Gypsy™. I cut it as just over 4 inches and all the swirls cut out fine, but the strings that attach to the base of the balloon were VERY delicate and I did end up breaking one. So I would cut it larger next time for that.

I stitched with my little white gel pen around the edges and added a small yellow bow. The sentiment on the inside is from my new Hero Arts™ sentiment stamps that Kourt got me - I'm a bit obsessed with them right now as I've never been able to add sentiments! :)

This card qualifies for the following challenges:
Wee Memories: Stitching
Cricut Cardz Challenge: Vacation Theme

I also made it for BBTB2: Summer theme with a stamp, but unfortunately by the time I got an SD card the contest had closed. Oh well. Their next challenge is to use a fish. I don't even know if I have a fish on my cartridges, but I know I have a whale - I think that counts! :)

The color is off because I am using my little point and shoot right now. The color of the card matches the picture of the front of the card. The inside came out more yellow than it actually is.

Have a wonderful weekend!

SHARE THIS POST - {PINTEREST}

4 comments:

lois said...

Can't imagine how U did the strings!! great job. glad to see U are "working" again. I check everyday. Can't believe the "baby" was so naughty. xxoo Grammy

shelly said...

wow what an awesome balloon! great card . thanks for sharing this with us at cricutcardz :)

Ruthie @ SeptemberNinth said...

What a beautiful card!

Thanks for playing along with us over at the CCC blog!

Ruthie :)

Jeri said...

Gorgeous card. I'm just loving all the cuts I'm seeing off this Summer In Paris cartridge. Thanks so much for sharing your card with us at CCC.

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS