Friday, June 11, 2010

High Heel Shape Card


This card was made for the Cricut Cardz Challenge and The Cuttlebug Challenges.

Cricut Cardz Challenge: Shoes
Cuttlebug Challenges: Paint

I love shoes although I don't own too many of them - just enough ;). But I was so excited to see this challenge. I knew I wanted to play with the shoe off Summer in Paris Cartridge™. I simply welded it with the Gypsy™, cut it out, added the black bow, and then.... added nail polish. Yes, you read right, nail polish. I was worried because we don't have any paint in our house and the Cuttlebug Challenges asked for paint. Then I realized that I did - but it wasn't in the form that I think they were expecting. None the less, here is my creation! I plan on writing on the inside, "Happy birthday to a very stylish girl". If you've ever watched Breakfast at Tiffany's, the girl that is with Paul Varjak - his "decorator" calls herself a "very stylish girl" in this wonderfully swag voice.

The envelope is from Wild Card Cartridge™

Enjoy!

SHARE THIS POST - {PINTEREST}

9 comments:

lois said...

Oh I love it include that in my order!
xxoo Grammy

June Houck said...

Beautiful! The shoe is exquisite, and I think nail polish is the most appropriate form of paint for your feminine card. Thank you for joining in our paint challenge at Cuttlebug Challenges.

June Houck

Jeri said...

Super idea using nail polish. Never in a million years would I have thought of that. I love this lacy shoe. Thanks so much for joining us at CCC.

Anonymous said...

I love your beautiful shoe card!!!what a fab idea to use nail varnish!!!It will never be the same again in my house!!!

Thanks for joining in with the cuttlebug challenge,
great to see you there!!!

Terrie
http://cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com/

BettyBee said...

Brilliant! I love the shoe, and the idea of the nail polish! Of course it is paint! We always "paint" our nails!!! This is a charming card, and perfect for your Stylish young lady! Thanks for being part of the Cuttlebug Challenge this week, and we hope to see you during our Wedding Affaire next week!!

Sandee Shanabrough said...

LOVE this pretty high heeled shoe!!! Great take on our paint challenge! So glad you played along!

Wanda said...

Wow I'd never thought of using fingernail polish. Way to go on thinking outside of the box! Great card. Thanks for joining us on Cuttlebug Challenge

Ruthie @ SeptemberNinth said...

Hi Courtney!

OMGosh I LOVE this card! It is so cute and I love the line you are going to write in it too. Breakfast at Tiffany's is one of my all time favorite movies. :)

Thanks so much for playing along with us at the CCC blog!
Ruthie :)

Meda said...

Wow! This is awesome! And it fits perfectly with our Parisian Chic wedding theme. I suggest you enter it in this week's challenge as a bridal card.

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS