Monday, June 7, 2010

You Are My Sunshine


I made this card for my dad. Even though I tried to make it masculine, it still came out a little girly, but my dad is a father of an only girl (me) so he's used to that. When I was little and he was late coming home for work or just when he was thinking about me after I went to college, my dad would sometimes call and sing "you are my sunshine" to me. I (since about high school) now call some of my chick friends or my husband occasionally and sing the song to them on their answering machines. So, this "you are my sunshine" is going back to dad as most times fathers don't know what they did right in your life and what is now being passed forward because they loved you the way that they did.

That being said, I was also trying to work in some challenges and this one qualified for four of them.

Cricut Cardz Challenge Blogspot - Father's Day Card
The Cuttlebug Spot - Sketch Drawing:

Wee Memories- WMC9 - "Punch It"
BBTB2 -Use an image of a Sun from Doodlecharms Cart - which I didn't have so I used one from the Designers Calendar Cartridge™ - It's my border on the left if you can't find them. :)

All of the layers - including the card base are from the Gypsy Wanderings Digital Cartridge™ - they were tag shadows that I just stretched on my Gypsy. I welded one of the rectangles to 5 suns from the Designers Calendar Cartridge™ to get the left panel and added another layer.

The embossing on the bottom is from the A2 Border With Love Emboss Folder™ set. The square panel is popped with pop dots and the kraft paper flower was punched out. I added the buttons to the center of three of the Suns and I added ribbon to the bottom.

The "YOU" was from the Designers Calendar font and was squished on the Gypsy. "Are" and "my" were welded and cut from the Gypsy Font™ and "sunshine" was from the Gypsy Wanderings Digital Cartridge™.

There is a lot going on in this card - I think I am going to make it more simple next time. Let me know if you would like the Gypsy cut file as it is all on there. Happy looking!

SHARE THIS POST - {PINTEREST}

15 comments:

Jeri said...

That sun border is fantastic! Thanks for joining the challenge at BBTB2.

A Little Time said...

Super cute!! I love this card. It's so detailed. Thanks for playing with us at BBTB2.

Creative Momma said...

Love the amazing details...The colors are perfect for a masculine card :)
Thanks for joining us on the BBTB2 challenge this week
Hugs
Marina

~JulieH~ said...

That is such a apecial card for your dad love your story. Gorgeous card and so creative!
Juliexx

scrappin_mom3 said...

I just love your card! Sooo creative! Fabulous job with the sketch! Thanks for joining us at The Cuttlebug Spot!

hugs,

Kerri

Lori1brat said...

What a great job using the sun as your border !!! Thank you for joining us at the BBTB2 site for this weeks challenge !! I hope to see more of your wonderful creativity !!!! Hugs ! Lori

GiuliaG. said...

Your card has so much detail....great job with the challenge and thanks for joining us at BBTB2 this week.

DonnaMundinger said...

WOW! Great job! Love the way you used the sun cut and fab job with the sketch. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2 AND The Cuttlebug Spot! xxD

**Treefrog** said...

Aww, what a sweet story! Your Dad is going to love it, (Make sure you show him this post, it will probably bring a tear to his eye, it did mine!) Love the border of suns and all the masculine colors and still a tad of girlie, your Dad is one special guy. Thanks for joining at BBTB2, great job!
((Hugs)) Theresa

Unknown said...

Your card is awesome! Thanks so much for playing Cricut Cardz Challenge!
Hugs,
Mary

Jenny said...

Sooo pretty... love it!! Thanks for playing!! :) :) :)

Sandi said...

beautiful card, I am sure your dad will be touched. Thanks for taking the challenge. Sandi

cinmfoster said...

Great card! Love the sun border, I will have to give it a try.

Joanna said...

He will love this! Tfs!

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

This is so sweet! I love the colors!

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS