Thursday, June 10, 2010

EAD Designs Color Challenge - Plum and Damask Chandelier


Well EAD Designs picked a great first challenge - Plum Shabby. Their inspiration work was plum and black damask so I played on that theme, but made it gold damask instead.

The card is a frame from the Sentimentals Cartridge™ welded on the Gypsy™. The chandelier is embossed with the Embossing Folders Love is in the Air™ set. I used an extra frame edge to form the line across the card (I should have welded it on my Gypsy™ and then done it, but oh well. I had other plans and they went array.

This was my first time trying vellum and I think I will stick with vinyl. I will give vellum another try, but the first attempt was not too pleasant. But, I always say you have to try something more than once.

All this and the new release of the Cricut Lite's is out! 24 new cartridges! It does feel like my birthday - which is good, because it is my birthday! :) Have a wonderful day. I certainly will and will be posting another card I made tomorrow. We are having a cocktail party for my birthday and I am making a lot of hor d' oeuvres, so I won't be doing much else. I love cooking so it should be great. The hard part is not eating what you're creating as you go! :)

SHARE THIS POST - {PINTEREST}

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY Cocktails.....HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
This is beautiful. I love the chandelier.
Thanks for playing along this month

Valerie G said...

How pretty :) Hope to see you join us again!

Jenn said...

Wow, such detail! Amazing!

Unknown said...

Ooooh, pretty details...awesome inspiration!

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS