Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend

Here are some pictures of this Memorial Day weekend in Big Sur, CA. My extended family has a house up there and you can see - it's on top of a very big hill overlooking the Pacific Ocean. We are SO blessed to get to use it when we can. So of course we jumped on the opportunity to go down there on Sunday. :) 

Back deck:

 Pool and yes, the blue is the Pacific Ocean!


 Our dog Spoon about to go for a small swim. She generally sinks after about 4 feet so she has to be under close supervision.
 She loves the water though!
 She's pretty sure she is ready to come out now.
 She tried to swim, started to sink, and so mom pulled her out! :) 

The north side of the property:
 Zoomed in:
 Husband and I on the bench in the orchard where the above two pictures were taken.
 An artsy pic by me:
 Fruit! 
 Spoon being adorable. She loves it up there.
 Dad telling her to look at me so I could get a good picture :) 
 Laying in the sun eating watermelon with my mom :) Perfect ending to our time in Big Sur (thanks to dad for taking the photo!)

Just thought I would share a little bit with you. 

Also, tonight I have not 1, not 2, but THREE posts going live for you!! There is one for Betty Bee's Buzz, one for Imaginisce, and one for Artful Delight! Make sure you check out all three and I hope you enjoy the inspiration! 

SHARE THIS POST - {PINTEREST}

11 comments:

Denine said...

Wonderful pictures... love the views!
Spoon is so adorable... :)

Emily said...

Beautiful pics! Looks like a lot of fun, and your dog is adorable!

Pat N. said...

What a beautiful area - so picturesque! Love your doggie- too cute!!

My 3 E Scrapbooking said...

Wow! Those pics are amazing Court! What a lovely way to spend the long weekend and Spoon is adorable! I love her name too!

THEBUZYBUG said...

Oh my, Spoon is so cute! We have a Yorkie too!! Her name is MOJO! Aren't they the cutest!! Wow, the view is amazing! Wish I had a place like that!! Maybe one day!! TFS.

Unknown said...

Gorgeous~I would never want to come back home!! Your little dog is so cute. My daughter wants one just like it ;) I tell her she can get one when she has her own house. lol

DIANA L. said...

Awesome, spoon is adorable. See you Friday

June Houck said...

Wow, what a view! I am so glad you have the opportunity to spend some time in such a beautiful setting. Look at my sweet Spoon! If there is a cuter girl out there, I have yet to meet her. You have amazing photography skills too! Is there anything you don't do EXTREMELY well?

Meesh said...

Looks like you & the family had an amazing time! Spoon is TOO cute! :o)

Michelle

artfuldelight said...

WOW Court, those pics are fabulous. Nice to see some photos of you and the hubby!! :-) Glad you had a nice weekend.

Unknown said...

Spoon is just the cutest!

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS