Friday, May 1, 2015

Zebra Birthday Wishes Card

Hello out there in bloggy world! Courtney Lee here with a tutorial using the Birthday Wishes girl line and some of the super fun new designer products that Echo Park has put out with these lines! My daughter’s little friend is turning two so I thought this would be a great opportunity to make her a special card.

I die cut the Zebra with my Silhouette and sized it for a 4.25” x 4.25” card. Tip: I put all the white parts on top and all the black parts on the bottom for faster loading and cutting.

I ran the white base of the zebra through my embossing machine using one of the new embossing folders! How excited are you that they are now making embossing folders? I hope you are excited as I am. :)

I used my tweezers to put the little pieces of the zebra on. I added a googly eye instead of the one that came with the cut file because I love them.

Next I used the balloon stencil and some embossing paste and put it over the 6” x 6” piece of patterned paper. Let it dry for an hour or so. Tip: Make sure to hold down your stencil using washi tape so that it doesn’t move while you are applying the embossing paste.

Cut a piece of the yellow polka dot paper to 4” x 4”. Cut a piece of green paper to 4 1/8” x 4 1/8”. Cut a piece of pink paper to 3 5/8” x 3 5/8”. Die Cut a Birthday Girl phrase from green paper.

Adhere all layers together and attach the zebra using foam adhesive. I wanted to give you a close up of the cool balloon background and the embossing. It just adds a lot compared to flat backgrounds!

Thank you so much for joining me today! Grab some Birthday Wishes and make some cards. Having birthday cards around is always handy!

Supplies:
Silhouette Cameo
Black Cardstock
Tweezers
Embossing Machine
Googly Eyes
Liquid Glue
Transparent Embossing Paste

Washi Tape (for holding)

SHARE THIS POST - {PINTEREST}

1 comment:

June Houck said...

Super adorable card, Court!

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS