Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Doodlebug Collectible Pin Display

Hello doodlebug lovers!!!! Have you seen their ADORABLE collectible pins!?!? We cannot get enough of them on the DT and have been showcasing how to show them off, add them to gifts and so much more! Be sure to check out the rest of the DT's ideas! They have been brilliant and sooooooo inspiring!

Here is mine and it was inspired by the doodlebug rainbow. Is there anything more scrumptious than a rainbow of color inspiration!? 


I have ribbon problems (as you will see next week... shhh... you may or not be seeing my craft room....) and I just knew I wanted to showcase my fabulous pins off by putting them on a rainbow!


So I went to work sewing the ribbons side by side using some fun threads and decorative stitches. I LOVE the result. Then I trimmed top and bottom and sewed the ends down for a clean edge.


Now I went out and grabbed some white birch sticks from the tree in my yard (it was time to prune anyway, right?!) and put those on top and bottom. I sewed a wide loop on top and a tighter loop on bottom. I attached a ribbon to both ends to hang it and then just put all my pins in their "proper" color spots or a spot which had some of that color on it. 


It was actually a very simple project once I decided on it and it looks fabulous on my craft room wall... now the only problem is my girls want it in their room. No way babes! ;) 

I hope this gives you some inspiration today and that you go make something beautiful to display your doodlebug enamel pins on!!! ;) 



SHARE THIS POST - {PINTEREST}
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS