Friday, May 14, 2010

My First YourStory project!



I just got my YourStory™ (someone off the message Cricut™ message boards posted that it was on super sale for $24.99. I found a free shipping code and now it's here!

I am heading back to North Carolina to visit my husband's (and now my) grandparents who (I am very proud to say) are 91 and 87! We moved them recently from their home in Arkansas to be closer to my aunt in North Carolina. Just before we left (and unbeknownst to them) I ran back inside and took a bunch of pictures of their house and how they had it set up so that later they could have pictures to go with their memories. I printed those out this week and bound them with my YourStory™. I made the cover myself out of card stock. I realized (waay too late) that if you had 4x6 pictures printed out and 12x12 paper, then there was no card stock left for the extra that you need for the binding. haha. So, I picked a coordinating color and ran it the entire length of the inside to give it more stability anyway. I really like the way it turned out. I just used a hot glue gun to put glue where the binding was going to be after scoring the sides. I let the glue completely cool, inserted my pictures, and popped it in the YourStory™. It really was SO easy. I hope you enjoy it! I won't be crafting while there as I am looking forward to spending some quality time with the family, but I'll be back late Wednesday night so I think I will have to do some crafting on Thursday morning! :) Have a wonderful weekend!

SHARE THIS POST - {PINTEREST}

3 comments:

Amy said...

What a wonderful thing to do for someone!! I'm sure they'll love it!!

Cheryl said...

Gorgeous! What a sweet & thoughtful project! I am sure they will love it!

Meda said...

I love it and I would have never guessed the different card-stock was an initial error.

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS