Thursday, March 5, 2015

New Arrival

Soo.... it's been a while. I have quite a few posts ready to go for you all! I hope you enjoy this tutorial! It's up on the Echo Park Paper blog today! :) 



My friend has a few weeks left in her pregnancy and I hope she enjoys this little New Arrival card!

My focus for this card was how to use washi tape in a fun way! I tried to apply the washi tape to my die cuts in two ways: 
1: I cut out the die cut and then covered it in washi tape. I then cut around the die cut by hand. This worked really well, but the edges were only as good as my scissors could work.
2: This is my recommended method. Put the washi tape down first on smooth white cardstock. Then die cut the whole thing. This gave super smooth edges and saved a lot of time. 
Pictured above is my scrap sheet of paper where I tried out both methods.

I love the well rounded edges and small pressure indentations from the dies. It gives it a really cool lift around the edge.


Sometimes you need a little something extra but it needs to be subtle. Don’t forget your clear embossing powder hiding in your drawer! I grabbed the two stars from the Designer Die/Stamp set and had such a good time making this background. They stamp beautifully!

I cut a little grass by hand and added it. I wanted to anchor the turtle and the tree was great but the grass helped create a little more of a scene.

I added a sticker from the Element Sticker sheet for my sentiment. How cute is that!? It also served to cover up the line between the two washi tapes so it looks seemless.

Come on, those stars are so darling. 

Don’t forget the Bundle of Joy collections the next time you need to make a baby boy card! The colors are so universally darling!

Supplies:
Scissors
Versamark Ink Pad
Clear Embossing Powder
Ink Spray
Sewing machine with brown thread

SHARE THIS POST - {PINTEREST}

3 comments:

cebelica said...

Oh my, this is so, so cute! My friend just gave birth to a beautiful baby boy and I want to make a card for her. And you gave me some great ideas here. Thank you for the inspiration!
Hugs! xx

Denine said...

Adorable Court! Your detail is amazing.
Hugs,
Denine

Unknown said...

I love Washie Tape! Great technique! Live your card. I'm sure she will enjoy it

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS