Saturday, May 24, 2014

Operation Write Home and May Arts Ribbon

This Operation Write Home hop means something extra special to me this year as my best friend is being deployed on Monday to the middle east. She is a single mom and has to leave her two children behind here in the states. She is a doctor in the Air Force and will be taking care of our soldiers but is also a pilot - which is rare in the military. I have already created some cards for her to send back to her children and I will be adding this one to the bunch so she can send it home. I cannot wait for her safe return. 



So... I LOVED the look of this crochet lace and only had like 3 inches left so I put it on the edge. I also love the subtle stripes of the patterned paper from Imaginisce's travel collection going a different direction than the ribbon on the card.


I used a the star confetti mask from Um Wow Studios along with a memory mist from Dreamweaver Stencils. It doesn't show up well in this picture but the white on the burlap looks really cool in person! :) 

Make sure to check out the line-up on the May Arts Ribbon blog to see who else is participating in the event. 

May Arts Ribbon Used:

Craft in Partner Supplies Used:

Other Supplies Used:
Doodlebug Teeny Type Alphas in Lily White
Paper Trey Ink cardstock in white

SHARE THIS POST - {PINTEREST}

2 comments:

Judy said...

Great use of a small amount of your crochet ribbon. Great job on your card. Thanks for sharing.

WhoMom said...

Love all of your ribbon and lace. The stencil is perfect on your card. Love it!

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS