Tuesday, June 7, 2011

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!!!

This is the card I made for my mom for her birthday. It's her birthday today!!! :) 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!!! I'll love you forever. I'll like you always. As long as I live, your baby I'll be. 

If you all know that book, we put it in every birthday card to each other. :) I have the best mom and am so blessed! She is the reason I started making cards... and then she demanded that I make cards for her throughout the years - and then that turned into a true love of making cards and here I am today! So while this one was not made with scissors and construction paper, it is made from the heart. 

I made this card at the most recent Circle Crop last Friday - which was a blast! A huge thanks to Rita (the Circlet that put on the event), Monique and Wendy who helped out a ton, and of COURSE Provo Craft for putting it on!!! Thank you so much! 



My new friend Diana Larson inspired me with the idea of two patterned paper strips which when accordianed (new Court word!), turned out to be a great idea! Thanks for the idea Diana! 

I made this all using Artful Delight's June Kit! Make sure to grab yours before it's too late!!! 

Recipe:



Pop on over to Artful Delight's blog where you can see a ton of inspiration using this month's kit! 

SHARE THIS POST - {PINTEREST}

19 comments:

bonnie said...

Absolutely stunning Court....such a beautiful card sweetie...Happy Birthday to your sweet Mom for today!!! :) Hugs x

Melissa said...

Very pretty!

Unknown said...

pretty card :D

Edna Marie said...

WOW!!! so very beautiful very fitting for a Mother, Happy Birthday to her :)

Stacy said...

OMG!!! I love this card girly, fabulous job :):):)

Kimberli said...

Beautiful card, happy birthday to your mom!! I LOVE that book, its my all-time favorite one to read to our boys and I buy it for all my friends who are expecting - I can't read it without tearing up!!

Glora said...

I LOVE how perfectly everything combined on this card. Beautiful job! hugs- Glora

snappy scrappy said...

Great card...I don't know why...but whenever I read that book to my kid's...I would tear up. As soon as I read what you wrote...I teared up. Lee-Ann :)

Kristan said...

I absolutely love your card, great job!

CraftyShell said...

I just adore your card! Colors are awesome and I love the papers and embossing. Great card might have to scrap lift this one...lol

Ashley Nicole said...

Beautiful card. Your mom will love it. Love the papers.
Nikki

Emily said...

BEAUTIFUL! I love that embossing folder! I am going to have to try and find that :)

Shelley said...

Simply beautiful!

Shelley
http://carleys-closet.blogspot.com
shelleymace21@gmail.com

DIANA L. said...

You are so funny Courtney, thanks for the shout out and the new terminology. I had a blast. I'm sure your mom loved the card. I posted a photo on my blog of the two of us and more. I don't know if you have had time to check it out. Your mom must be thrilled to have such a thoughtful and talented daughter.
hugs. Diana

Sherrie K. said...

This turned out adorable!! I love the colors and the ribbon that is wrapped around the cupcake. I also love the little ticket popping out. So cute, Court!
Sherrie K
htttp://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Crop with heart said...

Courtney,
I loved the card and Friday and I LOVE,LOVE, LOVE it now!!!
Happy Birthday Courtney's mom!!
Brenda H.

Doris P. said...

an awesome card for your mom.. (tell her happy birthday) Mine is in 2 weeks and wish my girls would make me a card.. your mom is / will be so happy!
parkernana5@cox.net
http://mybugandmecreate.blogspot.com

Denine said...

OH My.. lovely card Court!
I am in ah of the embossing folder. Have that on my 'watch for' list. Gorgous... will definately be a must have.

June Houck said...

So pretty! I hope your mom had a great birthday :)

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS