Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Xyron and Stencil Girl!!!

Good Tuesday morning to you! I hope you all had a lovely weekend and possibly even three days off!


Xyron and Stencil Girl have teamed up this week and I have to admit... this was the first time for me using stencils!! I know, I know... but I had a great time with this one! THANK YOU Stencil Girl!!!


I have to tell you - it was a comedy of errors. Here is what I learned:

A: I am Spritzer inept. I tried to spray.... but lets just say that two of my spritzers wouldn't spritz at all (the mechanism was broken) and for the one that finally did - I think my finger was broken. It wasn't pretty.
B: Using ink on stencils is amazing! it comes out so crisp and clear if you:
C: Use painter's tape to hold both the paper AND the stencil down and together! :) 
D: I tried something new and I think you'll like it! Check out the tag! :) 


For the tag I taped down the stencil and then used the Xyron corner glue stick to heavily heavily add glue into the stencil openings. Then I poured glitter onto it and the result is really pretty and very dimensional! As the glue was not distributed evenly, there are raised and depressed portions of the pattern. It adds a ton.

This is a photo in progress of layout down the glue.

Recipe:



Other Supplies:
Stamps: 
Dies: 
Cricut Winter Frolic
Ribbon: 
May Arts  wired string (KS-14)
Maya Road (red twine)
Stickles
Glitter
Ink


I used this sketch from Artful Delight for my card. I turned it on it's side and separated the two "flowers" as my bows.


Now make sure you stop by Xyron and Stencil Girl as there are prizes to be won! Xyron is giving away a different prize EVERY DAY!!!! 

I am hopping today with:

So make sure you stop by their blogs too and check out what they made with these awesome stencils! 

SHARE THIS POST - {PINTEREST}

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I haven't tried stencils but I just ordered one so it's on my "to do" list. Glad to get ideas from your post on how to use them.
Love the projects. thanks for sharing.

Katia said...

Thank you for the tip, is so useful!

Katia said...

Thank you for the tip, is so useful!

barbara macaskill said...

For your first time with stencils you did an AWESOME job! I love the finished project! Very merry and bright! Thanks for sharing!

cghundley said...

These are so pretty!
Love the tip for adding
the glitter.
Carla from Utah

Janis said...

Love your glue stick technique!! I'll have to see if I can find some of theirs and give it a try.
<3 J

Maria said...

YAY! Court! It has been way too long! ABSOLUTELY love what you did with the StencilGirl stencil and Xyron! So fun to be able to play together again :)

Kim H said...

Court ~ GORGEOUS! LOVE every single detail! I have never tried this but I am going to have too! Your poor finger! Hope it heals from the broken spritzer thing!!! LOL!

Gems Inky antics said...

I love Christmas and this really makes me smile. It's a stunning project with a lovely magical feel to it xx

Taylor said...

I would never believe it was your first time using stencils. I am a BIG FAN of stencils and use them quite often. You did a GREAT JOB!! Love the card and the tag. Taylor:)

Anonymous said...

Well this is way cool!
I on the other hand almost never use stencils
but can so certainly see the point of them...
These are awesome!
Thanks so very much for sharing at Artful
Delight and using our sketch!!!!

~Leah

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS