Wednesday, February 6, 2013

My Creative Time - Recycled 3-D project!

Hello and welome to My Creative Time's recycled 3-D item! 

ahem... yes.. I may have chosen an empty tequila bottle. I have no defense. I LOVE margaritas!!! How, you ask? Classic, salt, on the rocks, definitely with a spash of Cointreau and/or Grand Marnier. 

I really didn't want the "Happy Spring" to stand out too much as I didn't want to distract from the flowers or the design. So I stamped the background stamp in distress ink and the Happy Spring in darker ink. I love how it turned out! 

I hope to have daffodils in this all spring/summer long! :) The daffodils aren't out yet, but my husband saw me making this and brought home roses for me! awww! :)








Recipe:





Make sure you stop by my other DT sisters' blogs and the My Creative Time blog to get some more inspiration on what else you can hoard up-cycle. :)


SHARE THIS POST - {PINTEREST}

13 comments:

June Houck said...

This turned out beautifully, Court! Wonderful use for that fun tequila bottle. Hugs to Hans for bringing you flowers :)

Joan Smith said...

What a gorgeous vase gosh you sure are clever turnin' that beautiful bottle into a vase and kudo to your sweet hubby for bringing you flowers how thoughtful and sweet is he. I love that you share your darling story.

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

Court, t his is such a neat idea! Love it! And hey, any bottle works, even the one for tequila. :) Thanks for stopping by my blog and saying hello. Yes, it's been a while since Wee Memories. :)

snappy scrappy said...

Beautiful...love your decorated bottle vase!! Lee-Ann :)

Glora said...

This is such a beautiful vase. I love the yellow and blue and the machine stitching is beautiful too! Hugs- Glora

Cindy Beland said...

This is such a great project idea Court!BEAUTIFUL job with it:)

Unknown said...

I love it!!!! I think I might just have a empty cabowabo bottle that could be dressed up. Thanks for sharing. Mindy1qc@msn.com

Crafty Moni said...

So cute! I love your idea, I dont drink but I know people who do and Im sure I can get an empty bottle or two:)lol.

Peace, Love, & Cricut Hugs!
Monica L.

Kim H said...

Court ~ This is GORGEOUS! That jar and the details you added are just PERFECT and BEAUTIFUL! So cheery and happy ~ again I need Spring to come! LOL! Great way to recycle too!

Missy said...

Fabulous Court, what a pretty bottle!!

quilt4fun2 said...

Hubby is a keeper...roses for no occasion :D This looks like a nice heavy bottle...perfect for flowers and less likely to tip over. The stitching and flower are perfect embellishments and I love the button! Great job!
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

lois said...

GUESS WHAT GRAMMY WANTS FOR CHRISTMAS!!!WOULD LOVE TO HELP U EMPTY THE BOTTLE FIRST
XXOO

Stephanie Buice said...

Court, this is beautiful! I spotted it the other day but just wanted to make sure I came back and let ya know :) Hugs

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS