Thursday, February 21, 2013

Nancy's Designer Challenge for My Creative Time!

Hello!!! My card today was made during a 30 minute challenge from my husband. I needed to get this card done and Hans wanted to go to sleep so he gave me a half an hour. I ended up taking 40 minutes, but that is still great for me! :) I love how it turned out. Sometimes being under pressure is the BEST!

I grabbed my My Creative Time Stamps and Dies and my Xyron tape runner and some new goodness from Little Yellow Bicycle - their Just Because line and went to work! 


Nancy's Designer Challenge over at My Creative Time was to use a memento and incorporate it into your project. My husband and I LOVE the two Sherlock Holmes movies and put them on in the background frequently. This card is an invitation to a movie date night.... and a few kisses.... :)


As my husband asked afterwards, "That is awesome. How did you cut the tickets to look so perfectly like tickets?"
Answer: "I DIDN'T! Emma did!!!". Yep, that's a die cut and a bunch of interchangeable ticket stamps. LOVE.



Sorry for the bad pic... it was a little bit late at night! :) 


Inside of card: As you can see, the Xyron tape runner adhesive didn't show through the vellum! LOVE! And it's always nice to have double sided patterned paper so that you get a different and coordinating design on the inside. BONUS! :)

Recipe:


And just because.... she is already 6 months!!! What in the world happened to the time!?!


SHARE THIS POST - {PINTEREST}

12 comments:

Joan Smith said...

Omg what a cutie gosh so so precious!!

Love your card what a cute idea and love your colors great way to use the tickets you are so creative and talented and you are such a romantic I love it!!

snappy scrappy said...

Super cute card...love those ticket dies!!! Beautiful baby girl too!! Lee-Ann :)

Crafting Katie said...

Okay, first things first, little Emma is ADORABLE!!! She looks like such a happy little baby! I love your card and am so impressed you made it in 40 minutes! Super cute layout, and those little pins are awesome!

Missy said...

What a doll.....definitely need a pause button on growing up!! It goes faster, the older they get, it seems! Super cute card, too, the tickets are darling!!

Sheena said...

Adorable baby girl :) I love the card..I really love that pattern paper...so pretty :)

Hugs, Sheena

Cindy Beland said...

Your little Emma is sooo ADORABLE!!!and your card is FANTASTIC:)

quilt4fun2 said...

Awww! What a cute smile for Mom! Great job on your card...the tickets do look great and the red ribbon is perfect. The little pins are so cute too. Great job!
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

June Houck said...

Oh, look at little Miss Emmaline! She looks so pretty with her sweet smile, lovely top and gorgeous sweater :)

Meda said...

She's a darling!

Kim H said...

Court ~ OMG ~ you made this in 40 minutes ~ WOW! I am in AWE! Beautiful design, great papers and TOTALLY LOVE the story! Hubs always crack me up! Then less address that CUTIE pie there! She is just BEAUTIFUL!!! I always adore the little sweaters you have her in and that smile!! Have a wonderful weekend!

Scrapping Out Of Control said...

Omg that baby is adorable!!! :) Great job on the challenge! Easy Peasy right??? So glad the Hub loved it too! lol. Hugs my friend!

DIANA L. said...

She is adorable o my gosh I think she is the best you have ever made!!!

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS