Monday, July 26, 2010

Christmas Around the Clock Challenges 1-3

I will try to post these in groupings so as not to bombard you with Christmas challenge updates :)...

Here are challenges 1-3 at The Cuttlebug Challenges.

The first one was to make a Z card. I had never made a Z card before so I followed the tutorial like a cooking recipe you love until you get used to it and then you start adding things! :).


Recipe:
This star cut is the negative piece from challenge number 2 (which I did first). - This is a later challenge, but I am determined to do one for each and not double up.
Card Stock: Core'dinations™, DCWV™, Anna Griffin™
Embossing: Cuttlebug™ D'vine Swirls Emboss Folder™
Eyelets: Crop-a-dile™
Off-white ribbon

Challenge #2 - make a star shaped card

Recipe:
Of course I pulled out my trust Gypsy™ for this one. I made the star shaped card from the liner feature on Wild Card™. I hid the inner lines with the hide contour feature and flipped one of the stars and welded them together. Next, I grabbed another star and cut it at the same size an let the inside get cut out as normal. Lastly, I cut another star (hid the inner lines again) for the raspberry star.
Card Stock: Core'dinations™ and DCWV™
Embossing: Love is in the Air Set™
Off-white small ribbon

Challenge #3 - Snowflake card and (optional) ornament

Recipe:
A2 sized white cardstock
Snowflake: Designers Calendar™
Embossing: A2 Swiss Dots Emboss Folder™
Stamping: Recollections
Ink: VersaColor - 173 - Neptune
Sparkle: Pixie Sparkle (remember this from high school-ish days? Everyone had to have Pixie sparkles for dances! haha)
Adhesive: Martha Stewart Crafts™ All Purpose Gel Adhesive

I got a little sparkle-happy later in the night and I'm not thrilled with all of it (mainly on the embossed snowflake), but like most crafters say, that's what home made cards are all about! :)

Enjoy! Time for me to make more of these Christmas challenge cards/projects.

SHARE THIS POST - {PINTEREST}

1 comment:

Kate said...

What great cards!! By the time December rolls around, you'll be all set! I especially like your little star shaped card. So sweet!

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS