Sunday, July 11, 2010

Hezzy's Wedding Week - His and Her Bookmarks

Yet another home made gift I made for the shower - bookmarks. I'm such a nerd - how do you all put up with me? My husband and I love reading together cuddled up. So, I'd like to think they'll be able to cuddle up the same way we do and remember their wedding, their silly friends, and just enjoy being with each other.

Heather's wedding invitations were craft card stock with brown and blue. Our bridesmaid dresses are blue. So, I stuck with the theme for these as well as for the next project.

The bookmarks were elongated tags from Sentimentals™. Once elongated, I didn't like the one with the heart anymore. So I hid the heart and replaced it with a heart from Gypsy Wanderings™ and hid the inner line of that heart as well.

The other bookmark was the tag that was on the Key2 feature. The Key2 feature was also cut as well as it's shadow and placed on the card stock.

I used the font from Elegant Cakes™ to create all the words. I welded all of it on my Gypsy as well as the shadows. This took a very long time, but I really enjoyed doing it and hope she likes it as much as I hope she does.

I punched holes in the top with my Crop-a-Dile™ and then ran both bookmarks through the YourStory™. Then I re-punched the holes and added eyelets.

Then I just added ribbons and tied them at the top. I painted the ends with clear nail polish so they wouldn't fray and there you have it! My mom used to tell me that I was the key to her heart and wore a necklace that had a tiny key and heart to it. So the special meaning is being passed along.

SHARE THIS POST - {PINTEREST}

No comments:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS