Sunday, November 21, 2010

My Best Friend Kourt's cards and blog awards! :)

So, I am beaming with pride - these are cards from my best friend Kourtni (yes, she is also named *Courtney*).

She wanted to show some support for my new DT (Artful Delight) and wanted to play along with the sketch. I've already warned Leeanne (owner of Artful Delight) that her interpretation was a little... artistic. :) I'm so proud of the way she incorporated all of the elements and made it her own.

Here is the sketch:


Here is her card:
So the title and the holly leaf are easy to get because they are in the correct location. The snow is the strip that goes across the bottom. The North Pole sign is the square and the white embossed snowflakes with the rhinestones in the middle are the 6 boxes. I told you it was artistic! 

She also made this card that day:

Check out her faux stitching and you can't see it that well here, but COLIN is done in white embossing powder (we rubbed it in the versa mark and added the powder) and then she used the blue stickles on the bottom half of the card to look like snow since he is a winter baby.

And here is a picture of the two of us laughing - as always :). The blinds are down in the middle of the day because Kourt had her eyes dilated. So the pictures were a little dark, but she was crafting anyway! :) 

Now, I was given this blog award from Julieta a while ago. THANK YOU!

I was also given one by Jen today (THANK YOU) and that has instructions as well. Here it is!

1. Thank and link back to the person who awarded you this (done).
2. Share 8 things about yourself.
3. Pay it forward to 8 bloggers that you have recently discovered
4. Contact those bloggers and tell them about their awards

8 things about me... hmm.. okay...
1. I am married to the most wonderful and handsome man a girl could ask for and I feel lucky everyday.
2. *When I grow up* I want to be a Hello Thursday girl and a My Pink Designer!!... maybe a Cricut Circle DT member, but I'm not sure yet. :)
3. My favorite color is olive green.
4. I'm aware that my blog URL has a punctuation error and it drives me crazy every day but all the blog names I wanted were taken. I made a decision to have a punctuation error and I wish I didn't. But sometime I will upgrade and you better believe it will be grammatically correct. 
5. I'm a redhead... naturally... I didn't used to like it but now I am finally starting to appreciate it. I think this is mostly because my husband loves it and because we are the last ones to lose our hair color. The average is around 70 years old! 
6.  I LOVE flowers.
7. I am a fiercely loyal friend. I often get my feathers ruffled when someone treats one of my friends poorly. I get the "momma bear" syndrome. 
8. I confess I used to thing that blogging was dumb and I didn't get why people did it.... now that I have "met" some of the nicest people out there - I can't tell you how much of an advocate of blogging I am now! You girls are the BEST and I appreciate your encouragement, support, and friendship every day. THANK YOU.

8 blogs... hmm.... 
Minta: http://mintascreations.blogspot.com/
Cristi: http://scrappin5littlecupcakes.blogspot.com/
Carol: http://carolssweetcreations.blogspot.com/
Emily: http://coolcricutcreations.blogspot.com/
Denise: http://lalasworldblog.blogspot.com/
Christy: http://sammysayshi.blogspot.com/
Denine: http://pumpkinspiceblog.blogspot.com/

These ladies are getting the blog awards because they are always there to encourage me. There are many more that I would like to give out, but this will have to do for now. Thank you so much!


SHARE THIS POST - {PINTEREST}

7 comments:

artfuldelight said...

Great cards! Thank your friend (for me) for playing along. :-) I really like the first card.

Celeste B. said...

Beautiful cards! Congrats on the awards!!! Congrats to those you gave the award to! :)

Emily said...

Those cards are both beautiful! Thanks for the great award! I am so excited :) As you know I love your blog and get great inspiration from you!

Minta's Creations said...

Wow! Court love all your cards...they are amazing!
and Thanks for the award I didn't even know I had one till I visited your blog...I'm so excited! and surprised. Thanks so much!
Minta

Carol L said...

Congrats on the awards! Your cards are always gorgeous!Thank you so much Court for thinking of me and passing on the award, I appreciated it very much :0). I hope you have a wonderful day!
Hugs, Carol L.

D said...

Thanks girl!!!! You are the sweetest!!! That's so funny. I used to think blogging was lame too. LOL! I alway wished I had red hair! Rub it in with the not losing your color till you are old, will ya ;)

Denine said...

OMG... these cards are amazing. I love them. It must be a Courtney 'thing'. :)

Congratulations on the Awards!!

Your blog is so wonderful Court, you are full of ideas and inspiration.
I am greatly humbled that you thought of me for such a wonderful award. Big Hugs!!!

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS