Sunday, November 14, 2010

Thanksgiving Menu!


Courtney Lee

Good Monday morning to you!

I am doing the tutorial this morning for Passionately Artistic and was asked if I could make a Thanksgiving menu to put on the plates before dinner. I was excited to do it!

These are the actual dishes that I made for Thanksgiving two years ago (the food items, not the plates :).

Recipe:
Embossing Folders™: Swiss Dots™ and Victoria™
Three-dimensional foam

Instructions:
1.  I used my Gypsy to elongate a tag from Tie the Knot Cartridge™ and I hid the hole that is at the top. Then I made one slightly smaller to nest inside of it.
2. I cut these out of white Paper Trey Ink™ cardstock and Dark Chocolate from Paper Trey Ink™respectively. (Ignore the Pilgrim's hat - I decided not to use it when I got to the end.)


3. I inked the outside of the white cardstock with Olive ink from ColorBox™
4. Next I printed out the Menu on my computer in brown ink and used the brown layer as a template to trace and then cut around.
5. Then I burnt the edges of the paper - please be careful that nothing catches on fire and allow for the burning to take in more of the edge than you expect even after you've blown it out. As you can see - I lost my word "gravy" and part of my "M"!
6. I used my i-rock by Imaginisce™ to heat set the Metallic Pearl Glam Rocks™ next to the main titles.

7. Next I cut out leaves from the Thanksgiving Cartridge™ at 1.75" and 3".

8. Then I Cuttlebugged those leaves using the Victoria Embossing Folder™.

9. Next I cut out the leaves from the Winter Woodlands Cartridge™ in various sizes ranging from 1" to 5".
10. I Cuttlebugged those leaves using the Swiss Dots Embossing folder.

11. I then inked around the edges of those leaves with Momento ink in Rich Cocoa™. I also used a paper towel which I had inked up to run over the top of the Swiss Dots embossing.

12. I selected my buttons and tied bows using the Paper Trey Ink Rustic Cream Button Twine™
13. I adhered the leaves and all layers to the different locations using the Glue Glider Pro Perma-Tac™ cartridge. I did pop dot the Dark Chocolate layer to the white card stock layer.


14. I adhered the buttons using Extreme Adhesive Squares™ (those things are amazing! They really mean "extreme adhesive" and I am totally addicted!)

15. Lastly, I used Glossy Accents™ over the green leaves which were inked.



Enjoy your hard work and how impressed your family members look when they read over your menu! :)

I hope this helps you personalize your own Thanksgiving menus! We would LOVE to see them if you decide to link them up to Passionately Artistic! You may get featured and win a prize! :)






SHARE THIS POST - {PINTEREST}

12 comments:

Norma said...

OMG Court !!! Fabulous Idea!!! I love it and will do it this year. Thanks

Kati said...

That is so fabulous! It looks like your meal was amazing too. You have so many cute ideas!

Carol L said...

WOW... This is an Amazing idea for thanksgiving! Beautiful ;0). Have a blessed day.
Hugs, Carol L.

Honey B Allende said...

Wow... this is such an awesome project...i may try it this year...TFS...I will be hoping along with you and the other ladies...im sooo excited...

Sweet Scrappin'
Honey B

Honey B Allende said...

Tried to add on as follower...can't...will check again later... :)

Honey B Allende said...

Yeayy!!!! I'm a follower now...Thanks

jen said...

This is absolutely beautiful!!!! I would love to have an invitation like this given to me. Whoever ends up getting these will love them! TFS
hugs,jen

Georgiana said...

The details are wonderul. Thank you for including such clear steps and the visuals are perfect.

Georgiana

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

This is absolutely stunning! Such elegance, and what phenomenal attention to every little detail!

Wanda said...

Great job! This is stunning! You always make me proud!!!!! Huggles

oxnard kids dentist said...

I really appreciate the effort that you went to by adding the tutorial. The colors. The visual effect. The creativity. Wow!

Kaycee

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS